For complex services that require special skills and experience, trust Accurate Auto Care in Lake Havasu City, AZ. Our ASE certified mechanics understand new and mature, domestic and import models and guarantee all services performed.
Fortunately, modern engines have sophisticated control systems that will alert you when something goes wrong. If your vehicle’s computer receives information that one or more components needs service, the check engine light should come on, and if this happens, taking your car to a professional as soon as possible will keep damage to a minimum and lower the chances of costly, time-consuming repairs.
Even if your check engine light is off, you might hear strange sounds or smell something funny coming from under the hood. Since the engine powers your vehicle, staying ahead of problems keeps you safe, and bringing your car to Accurate Auto Care at the first sign of distress is the surest way to get peace of mind.
Our team uses state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to find problem codes and repair your engine as quickly as possible. Regardless of the engine type, our experts have the training and resources to finish the job.
Making your vehicle last means preventative maintenance must be prioritized. Although certain components will inevitably wear, following a few simple guidelines will prolong the life of your engine and keep you driving safely.
- Oil Changes – Engines stay happy when fluids are kept clean and plentiful. Talk to one of our technicians to learn when to change the oil and filters, and you’ll stay ahead of engine catastrophe.
- Cylinder Head – Located in the engine block, a cylinder head makes up the closed end of the cylinder, balancing airflow through the engine. Since the cylinder head effectively seals this area, lack of compression creates unsafe driving conditions. Consider having this area evaluated regularly to stay abreast of possible malfunction.
- Cylinder Block – The cylinder block contains cylinders, gaskets, valves, and seals. As one of the most crucial parts of the engine, it is durable but can wear out over time. Our team can look for cracked blocks or failing core and freeze plugs, keeping you ahead of potential issues.
- Timing Belt – Part of the vehicle’s internal combustion engine, the timing belt keeps valves open and closed at necessary intervals. This small but vital part should be checked consistently and replaced according to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Spark Plugs – Although the check engine light will come on when spark plugs need replacing, having them checked every 30,000 – 50,000 miles will keep you ahead of failure.
For all your engine maintenance and repair needs, call Accurate Auto Care today at 928-680-4046.
Our convenient towing service can bring you and your car to the shop, and our knowledgeable crew can locate the source of disturbance and fix the issue so you can get back on the road and into your life. Call Accurate Auto Care at 928-680-4046!