Most drivers never think about their vehicle’s steering and suspension, but these systems experience wear like any other. As the network responsible for independent wheel movement, steering and suspension play a vital role in your car’s drivability. More importantly, any poorly-working parts can put excess stress on other vehicle components, causing a chain reaction of damage. For suspension and steering checks, bring your vehicle or fleet into Accurate Auto Care in Lake Havasu City, AZ. We’ll do the heavy lifting and get you back on the road with little disruption to your schedule.
Steering and Suspension Parts
While these systems can vary depending on your model, most include the following components:
- Ball Joints
- Tie Rod End
- Control Arms
- Shock Absorbers
- Steering Gear Box
- Center Link
- Pitman Arm
- Idler Arm
If any of these elements becomes worn or loose, your vehicle’s stability is at risk, so having regular checks will prevent minor issues from causing major damage.
Signs Your Steering and Suspension Systems Need Service
With a close eye on preventative maintenance, these areas should stay in fighting shape. If you notice any of the following symptoms, however, bring your vehicle to the technicians at Accurate Auto Care for immediate service:
- A clinking noise coming from the front tires
- The car pulls to the left or right, especially on bumpy roads
- Abnormal tire wear
- A shaky steering wheel
- A bouncy vehicle
- Difficulty maneuvering, especially through a turn
Routine Maintenance for Steering and Suspension
Since these systems keep your ride smooth and safe, staying on top of regular care is key to avoiding catastrophe. Here are some tips to keep these parts in top shape:
- Have shocks inspected regularly for cracks, leaks, and other signs of wear.
- Pay close attention to how your car normally drives, and if you notice a change in vibration, bounce, tire performance, or steering, bring your car in for service.
- Have wheels aligned according to the manufacturer’s guidelines. Note: Wheel alignment is a complicated process that requires special skills, so don’t trust this delicate task to just anyone.
- Check tires often for pressure, wear or abnormal performance, and have them rotated and balanced when necessary.
How Accurate Auto Care Can Help
Don’t endure a bumpy ride. Our certified technicians have extensive training and experience working with steering and suspension systems. Whether you suspect an issue or simply want to stay ahead of the curve, call Accurate Auto Care at 928-680-4046 or stop into our Lake Havasu City shop today!
Our convenient towing service can bring you and your car to the shop, and our knowledgeable crew can locate the source of disturbance and fix the issue so you can get back on the road and into your life. Call Accurate Auto Care at 928-680-4046!